Saturday, November 6, 2010

The anti-science argument

I do not believe in evolution and therefore I am told I am anti-science. Yet I use computers, have had sonograms, and m.r.i.'s (invented by a creationist named Damadian) and trust the validity of their results. I embrace science in every way that affects me and the world at large in the here and now. I believe in climate change, but I don't support the belief that man in is solely responsible for that change. Climate scientists say we must eliminate fossil fuels and reduce our energy consumption to levels before the industrial revolution in order to make a drastic reduction in earth's temperature*. This can be accomplished by not using jets, cars, large screen televisions, cruise ships, air conditioning, etc. So after creating all these inventions you tell me not to use them, and you claim I am anti-science?

*Minor reductions in greenhouse gasses will have virtually no effect on ambient temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment