Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A dangerous game

I was recently down in Florida and had the pleasure of playing the extremely hazardous game known as golf. There were warning signs posted everywhere that read "Caution, poisonous snakes and alligators present". This was because this particular course had many water hazards. So when an old fogy went to retrieve his ball near a large pond I thought nothing of it till I heard a large splash. Later I saw his abandoned cart on the fairway, and never saw him again. On the 18th hole my friend Ira sliced a shot onto the adjacent highway. Later that evening the news featured a story of a 10 car pileup. A witness stated he believed it was caused by hale because it was the size of a golf ball. Some people say golf is not really a sport, but it may be more dangerous than skydiving without a parachute.

No comments:

Post a Comment