Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spare the rod, spoil the future inmate.

I thought I would tackle the topic of corporal punishment. I have often thought of a beautiful dominatrix...Oops, wrong story. Anyway, I always thought a proper, lovingly administered spanking could help save a child on the road to destruction. The problem is twenty countries have outlawed it, and seventy one percent of the parents are against it, and I know who they are. More importantly I know who their children are. They are ones who scream continuously until they are given candy. They are the ones who throw rocks at moving cars nearly causing them to crash (actually that was my cousin). They are the ones who are disrespectful to the elderly, police, and anyone in authority. They are the ones who destroy private property and wind up in juvenile court before puberty. Disagree? Maybe you should check the statistics. You know taking a power drill to your skull is probably a dangerous thing, but in the hands of a surgeon it can be a lifesaver. Spanking is also a tool, and when used properly may save parents from that long trip to Rikers every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment