Thursday, June 3, 2010

The agony of defeat

I love basketball, football, and especially look forward to the Olympics. I recently noticed they listed a curling competition, which I assumed was weight lifting. I was astounded when I had realized my mistake. It's friggin shuffleboard like the old people play in retirement homes only on ice! One person pushes a u.f.o. like disk and two idiots grab a broom and sweep the ice in front to control it's movement. This is a sport only a janitor could appreciate. I guess after watching a skier fall off the side of a mountain and break nearly every bone in his body we have an expectation of exhilarating performances that curling cannot compete with. Disappointment is the true agony of defeat.

*Hey, I think they missed a spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment