Monday, June 28, 2010

One nation, under water?

It seems the atheists would like to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance, and I understand their position. I also wonder what they would substitute in "God's" place. "One nation under law" seems to be a good substitute, except law's change regularly. Even when they don't change new supreme court rulings reinterpret them. Not too consistent is it? How about one nation under man? Humanists believe in the power of men, and I agree with them. We disagree in that I believe men have a tendency toward evil, and to enslave their fellow man. My belief is based on history. You know all those old dusty books that chronicle the wars, murders, and depravity of mankind. How about one nation under water? Between our fiscal recklessness, and the supposed melting polar ice cap, under water is something we can all agree on.

No comments:

Post a Comment