Friday, June 18, 2010

Dead before you know it.

When I was a child the concept of time was very confusing. My mother would say "hurry up we have no time", and my father would say "hold your horses we have plenty of time". How could two people have different opinions about a standard of measure? An inch is an inch, a foot is a foot, no argument there. Yet it appears time can also be interpreted in an abstract manner. When I was 18 I thought a 30 year old was a living fossil, now I'm fifty five and I think I'm 18. Go figure. I was taught that bacteria are old, millions of years old, but in relation to the infinite scale of time they really are quite young. If that's is true I am just a 55 year old infant by comparison. No wonder I need diapers, and soft easily digestible food. At this rate I'll be dead before I'm old enough to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment